Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting solution entails stockpiling and/or sharing given content on a server hosted by a web hosting distributor. There are various types of hosting services used for different ends, so let's explore these. Thus, you can determine what you want, based on whether you wish to run a web portal, e-mail addresses, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by some companies, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage services are frequently supported by showing adverts by the download links, while a timer compels you to await a certain stretch of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly mistaken explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would apportion the load between separate groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous website hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a type of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain companies offer a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting kind is appropriate if you would like to share a big quantity of pictures with buddies or colleagues since the service is generally free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to administering your e-mail box accounts. Some firms offer site hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an e-mail hosting service. If you would like to create an email address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can open email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this method instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip produces a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video clips and several hundred website viewers, you may have a problem with your hosting quotas. Embedding the video will allow you to possess as many video files as you would like without bothering about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to possess a website. To some degree, it embodies all of the abovementioned hosting categories since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and e-mail aliases, upload video clips, and so on. At (Phoenix-Computers), for instance, you can view web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that permit you to have all of the aforementioned services in a single place. There may be restrictions depending on the form of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting account may be better or worse compared to the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are devised for specific content solely.